Bees in my Bonnet

"art for real people"

Friday, October 19, 2007

Friday is a great day for MORE ATC TIPS!


Good Morning everyone!



Here are a few more artist trading card tips for YOU!

WHO THOUGHT SKINNY WOULD BE SO HORRIBLE!

I like skinny little borders around the edges of my cards but they are murder to glue on. I just use regular art paper and cut a strip off and use that as a border BUT I cut the border twice as wide as I actually need and just glue “half” of it to the edge to my card. It’s a lot easier to deal with that a tiny ¼” wide strip! Don’t worry if it’s not perfectly straight! Sometimes that makes the card more interesting and when someone comments on “how cool it was that you used that slanted border” you can just act like you meant to! Then I can just trim off the excess with some sharp scissors (from the BACK of the card) and it’s a lot easier to handle.



My hubbie and I are starting NutriSystems today! (notice the artist trading card above!) I've lost 40+ pounds this last year but need to lose more and am sort of stalled! Hopefully this will get me going again!



Wish us luck!



Love to all!



Becky

2 Comments:

Blogger Rose Garden Romantic said...

I just LOVE the Halloween card and the donut one, too!! Good luck with Nutri System. It helps when you and your hubby are on the same diet together. Congrats on the 40 lbs.- that's a great accomplishment!
Michelle

8:21 AM  
Blogger Pearl Maple said...

Really happy to find your blog this morning, full of all kinds of inspiration and creativity. Congrats on all of your accomplishments and good luck on your future plans.

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home